We are currently looking for an exceptional and experienced Technical Writer to join our awesome team! The role of the Technical Writer can be within a project team or work independently alongside multiple project teams to create documentation plans, drawings, illustrations, and schedules for documents and document sets associated with software products and projects.
Works with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Software engineers, Testers, and other stakeholders to gather data for creation or revision of documentation. Research and assimilate technical concepts, and products into manuals, library articles and other technical documentation ensuring usability and concise content.
Research, formalise, adhere to, and coach others on industry standard writing styles and formatting protocols to present the company brand.
Develop and maintain documentation hierarchy, content standards, formatting standards, and templates. Improve document usability through content structure, formatting, and proofreading. Ensure document control integrity with document revision history, content, and formal approval workflow routing.
In this role you will:
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Prepare, create, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering (e.g. backend technical documentation), system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users navigate a variety of applications.
- Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Maintain the library of technical documents and the information architecture, cataloguing them for internal (Geekseat) and/or external (Client) use.
- Create, edit, review, and revise templates or written documentation produced by others, ensuring a standardized “look and feel.”
- Manage the plan and schedule for documentation work to meet the release dates and client deliverables.
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or an equivalent.
- Required language(s): English.
- At least 3 years of experience in a related field is required for this position with minimum 2 years or more in the software documentation field.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management, Document Control and/or Business Process Management methodologies and software
- Able to systematically document the application development progress, from the project initiation phase up to the closure/maintenance phase.
- Experience producing Flowcharts, UML, ERD, sequence diagrams, user interface design, user manuals, and other software development related documents.
- Extensive experience architecting complex documents and documentation sets, information design and structured authoring
- Experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Ability to establish rapport and working relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Sound knowledge of technical writing fundamentals, industry standard writing styles and content organization.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud [website] FrameMaker, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro)
- Ability to work with translation vendors in managing translation development & procurement process.